Booking Terms and Conditions
‘We’ refers to CopperCairn Ltd. ‘Guest’ refers to the client that made the booking.
Please check carefully all the details of your booking before you make payment; after this we cannot accept responsibility for incorrect details.
1. Your tour is secured and reserved by paying a minimum non-refundable deposit of 50% 3 months prior to the tour date. This deposit is non-transferable.
2. The balance payment is due no later 1 month before the tour. If we do not receive your balance payment, your tour will be cancelled.
3. Last-minute bookings or booking prior to 1 month before the tour date must be paid for “in full” at the time of booking.
4. We accept payment by Bank Transfer or Visa /Mastercard/ Maestro. Please ensure that we receive the full amount for your tour.
5. If for any reason beyond our control there is a venue issue, we will find an alternative location for the tour.
6. If you have any health issues, please consult your doctor to make sure you are in a fit state to join us for your whisky adventure.
7. Due to teacher/chef cancellations or any other situations outside our control, we reserve the right to make any changes to our programme. Alternative arrangements will be offered, but we do not accept responsibility for any costs incurred, including airfare and travel plans.
8. We may offer a discount to some students, or last-minute discount places – this does not affect the status of any guests who have previously paid the full price, and no discount will then become due to them.
9. CopperCairn Ltd accepts no liability for loss, damage, injury, or illness whilst you are on the tour with us, or for any travel costs to or from the tour destination.
10. We strongly recommend that you have your own travel insurance to cover any loss or injury, including repatriation if necessary.
11. Passports, visas and health/medical requirements: you are responsible for ensuring that you have a valid passport and any necessary visas, as well as any necessary or required inoculations or other health requirements.
12. Guests must be respectful and must not engage in offensive, illegal or immoral acts. Should this be a situation, or should a guest become a nuisance to staff, then we reserve the right to ask a guest to leave the premises or suspend their activities if it is appropriate to do so, without any compensation.
13. We accept no responsibility for travel tickets such as airfares and trains. This is solely the guest’s responsibility to organise and inform us only of an accurate arrival time.
14. We are exempt from fulfilling our contractual obligations for causes that could not be anticipated and/or are beyond our control, including an act of God, act of man, act of government, and other impersonal events or occurrences. That being said, we have integrity and will endeavour to provide you with the services mentioned. Whilst all reasonable efforts will be taken to ensure this, it may be necessary in some circumstances, e.g. extreme weather or environmental conditions outside our control, to relocate guests to another venue of similar standard in the locality. In such cases a supplement may apply.
15. Any guest bookings that could not be fulfilled due to the coronavirus pandemic (in addition to deposits already paid by guests towards bookings) are non-refundable under our terms. We will honour a credit voucher for the total amount paid in most circumstances for guests to carry over to the following season only for a similar booked tour. Seasonal rates apply. We are sorry but we are unable to offer any refunds in these instances. Refunds must be applied for in all situations within 7 days of the case by email please, otherwise they are deemed invalid. Also, please note that if any insurance claims have been made, our credit notes are invalid.
16. We will not knowingly give your personal information to anybody else (except where required to do so by authorities). We will retain your information and from time to time we may contact you with our promotional and retreat related information.
17. CopperCairn Ltd retains all copyright licence rights and exclusively owns all photographs and material displayed on its website. This information may not be copied or used for any other purpose.
18. All gusts must be of legal drinking age in the UK
8 weeks plus before the start of your tour: 100% refund, minus the deposit.
4 to 8 weeks before the start of your tour: 50% refund, minus the deposit.
Up to 4 weeks before the start of your holiday: 0% refund will be given.
You may cancel your tour at any time provided that the cancellation is made by the person submitting the booking form and is communicated to us in writing. Cancellation will take effect from the day that the written request is received by us.
Once your tour has commenced, no refund or part refund or unused portion of your holiday will be repaid in the event of cancellation by you.
Company number: SC673972